In Asian cuisine, Sambal is added to various dishes to create a spicy pizzazz that instantly enhances the vibrant flavors throughout each bite.
Sambal comes from the Malay word Sambal Oelek, which means "to grind", which is technique used to create this exotic condiment. For our Sambal, we grind together the freshest jalapeno chillies, young ginger, garlic, lime, salt and vinegar.
How to use Sambal:
This versatile sauce can be used in numerous culinary applications:
- As a dip: add a desired amount to enhance the flavor of fried foods, rice, or noodles
- On eggs: dollop your morning eggs with an extra element of taste
- In soups: add a teaspoon to any soup to vitalize the broth
- With stir-fries: include in your favorite seafood, chicken, beef, lamb, pork, or vegetable stir-fry to create ideal spiciness
- Mayonnaise: mix in a little to your standard mayonnaise to make it more delicious
Spice aficionados can purchase Wild Ginger's Sambal for $5 at both locations, in Seattle and at The Bravern.