Bring the tastes and flavors of Wild Ginger to your home!
Nam's Lamb Chops ~ Serves 4
- 4 lamb chops, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon green onion, white part only, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sambal
- 1 teaspoon peanuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp flakes
- pinch of 5-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tables spoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 teaspoon green onion, green part only, sliced
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon VSOP cognac
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn powder, toasted
Marinate lamb chopes with soy sauce, honey, cognac, and Sichuan peppercorn powder. Set aside for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Grill lamb chops over high heat until medium-rare; set aside.
Heat wok. Add oil, ginger, shallot and green onion. Wok-fry until fragrant. Add garlic; wok-fry until light brown. Add sambal, chopped peanuts, sesame seeds, shrimp and 5-spice powder to wok. Wok-fry until all ingredients are fragrant. Add soy and hoisin sauces to the wok. Bring to a boil. Add toasted coconut flakes, green onion and grilled lamb chops; toss and coat lamb chops well with sauce. Place lamb chops on platter and serve.
To watch Chef, Jacky Lo, prepare Nam's Lamb Chops on KCTS 9 click here>>